Thursday, January 22, 2009

Palm Springs / Kami's Birthday

We were invited to Palm Springs with the Tanners this last weekend and we had a blast. First on the way there on Saturday morning January17 Allyson tells us when we are about 5 minutes from the time share that she has to go really bad. So Mark tells her to hold it and she replies with "Dad I can't my seat belt is in the way". We both started to laugh so hard. Once there we got checked into our 1 bed room which was very large and the kids wanted to swim first thing. One our way to the room Mark hears Gavin calling him. He turns to see Gavin hanging over the side walk in the bushes. We get to the room with no more issues. So we make our way to the pool and found that although the weather was in the 70's - 80's (very nice) it was still cool. Well not for Mark. The pool was heated which was great. The cement when wet was very cold on your feet. Gavin slipped and fell once right on his face. Like a trooper he got up and kept going. Allyson loved the kids water slide and was a pro by the end of the weekend going down the slide and swimming to the side with no help at all. Gavin liked the slide but still needed some help since he can not swim alone yet. Tristan tolerated it. He preferred the jacuzzi and looking at the girls. Already at 5 years old.


This next story has 2 sides, Kami's and Mark's. We will start with Kami's, as I was sitting on a lounge chair with Tristan and Gavin, Allyson was in the pool going down the slide and Mark was watching her. Gavin decides to go get in the pool. The kid pool at the shallow end is only 1 1/2 feet deep. I look over to see if he made it to Mark and can not see one section of the pool at 4 feet deep. I stand up and don't see Gavin. I panic (not an understatement) and promptly run for the pool. I hit water on the cement and down I go. Right on the old bum. Not a soft landing at all. At this point I am 2 feet from the pool and just slide into the pool and grab Gavin. He is so proud of himself at this point telling me that he jumped in all by himself like a big boy, and that I caught him. I don't know if I want to strangle or hug him. I choose to hug and hold on tight. For Mark's side, he says that he did not know what was happening. He saw me coming to the pool and fall right on my bum. He rushed over thinking that I had really hurt myself. Once everything calmed down, he started to laugh uncontrollably.
The rest of Saturday ended with diner and Gavin having a slight fever. Allyson was so tiered the she fell asleep while mom dried her hair after her bath that night.

On Sunday we had no more accidents and everyone had a great time. We swam most of the day and came home later that night. We love these California winters. Warm enough to get into a warm pool in the middle of January. Although my (Kami) birthday was not until Tuesday January 20th, I consider this my present. A very nice get away for the weekend with my family.



Gavin and Dad hitting the water.

Tristan on the slide.
Allyson the pro coming down the slide.
Allyson asleep while getting her hair dried. Really asleep.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

I love the one of Allyson sleeping! That is precious!

Katie said...

Looks like fun! That picture of Allyson sleeping is hilarious.

Natalie said...

It's amazing how kids fall asleep! Like it's the most comfortable way to fall asleep! :) Looks like you had fun!

The Jones Family said...

What a fun time! Your children sure do like to wander! I'm remembering a time at the beach... :D I know, I know... you're just waiting for the day that you can say, "I told you so!"

Nat said...

How can she sleep with all the noise nest to her ears? Kids fall asleep at weird time and in weird places. But never when ans where you want them to at BEDTIME.