Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mark's Big Day

It Happens to everyone sooner or later. Yes that is right Mark turned 40 on December 22. He handled it very well. He says that 40 is no big deal. I hung up some "40" , "Over the Hill" and a "Happy 40th Mark" sign on the garage door. He did not find my humor very funny, then he laughed about it. I received a call earlier in the day from Carolyn Bogh asking if we were going to be home that night. I told her yes and she said that she would be over after 5:30 pm. When the door bell rang I told Mark that it was for him. Not knowing what it was, he answered the door. His first reaction was that he was going to kill me. I told him that it was not from me. He thought that he knew the guy at the door but could not place him, it was Carolyn's Brother In Law Kevin from out of town. He was then handed a clip board to sign. On the paper it said "Happy Birthday Old Man, Carolyn & Michael". I though that he was going to fall over in laughter. She came in to see him and say happy Birthday. You will have to look at the pictures for what it was. I could never do it justice.










If you can not read it, it says "In loving Memory of Mark". Later that night Michael called to give me his condolences and see if I needed to have meals brought in. Mark told them that he has 5 months until Carolyn turns 40 to get back at her. Later that night being FHE I made him diner (Prime Rib, Twice baked potatoes and Veggies). Jolene brought him Brownies. All in all he said that it was a good day.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Way to go, Carolyn....Happy Birthday, Mark! :)