Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not proud of it!!

Okay so I am not proud of this confession. It took a lot to post this.
I (Kami), became an adult today, Why you ask, well today just after I walked in the house from a long day at work, I was looking out the front door and noticed some kids walking up to the door. I just thought that they were selling something, that time of the year, Easter, Baseball, Softball, and so on. Well that was not what they wanted. Just as I reached to open the door one of them hit it really hard. Come to find out he kicked it. I continued to open the door and chased after them. That is right chased them. Up the street and down the next. They had the advantage, 2 girls were on skateboards and the 3 boys on bikes. I got lucky and one the the girls got scared and stopped. She did not live around here, but she was visiting the other girl and walked me to her house. So I spoke with her dad about the issue. He was very nice and advised me that he would take care of it.

In the mean time Mark was in his truck driving around with the kids, and got the name of the kid who did it, Kyle. Anyways he says he scared them. We never really got the reason why and don't think the girls really had anything to do with it, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We think they intended to play ding dong ditch, which I would have just laughed it off. I have done that. I think most normal teenagers have. Luckily when we got home we noticed that the front door was just fine, and I realized how out of shape I am!

So that should answer the question as to why. I am not proud of it, but they made me really mad. After that I so hope that my kids don't turn out to be one of those kids. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Megan said...

HAHA! That's great! I would have loved to see you chasing kids down the street! Just be glad you don't live on our street!!!

nic said...

I got out and ratted out a kid who threw a rock at my car... i saw the kid playing in the street, so i slowed down. little did i know it was to pick up the rock. so as i drive by him he put his arm back and waits a second or two then he threw it. i slammed on my brakes to avoid it hitting the windshield, got out and talked to his dad. sad thing is i think the kid ended up getting a lot too punished for it.
dang utard kids.

Jessica said...

haha that is so random..i did use to ding dong ditch! that is so fun and even once when we were playing hockey in a neighbors driveway my friend and i got this genious idea to flick poop at her garage door-she was a reallllyyy mean neighbor...sometimes kids just dont' think, we got busted big time haha